Adopted on the 6th National Conference of the Youth Movement for Rights and Freedoms
Sofia, November 17th 2012
We, the delegates of the 6th National Conference of the Youth Movement for Rights and Freedoms (Youth MRF), integral part of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms:
- Following the Constitution and Law of the Republic of Bulgaria, the International Charter of Human Rights, the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities, the Revised European Charter on the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life, the European Commission White Paper on Youth "A New Impetus for European Youth ', the Regulations and Statute and Programme documents of the MRF, and the Regulations Book of Youth MRF;
- Following the liberal principles and values to build a free civil society;
- With respect for the rights and freedoms of all citizens, including equal opportunities and non discrimination because of ethnicity, ancestry, religious creed, language, gender, age and/or sex;
- Recognizing the importance for young people of the country to be full citizens of Bulgaria and United Europe, we solidify for the following basic principles, which create the fundamental basis for Youth MRF’s future activities:
I. Organizational strengthening and enlargement of Youth MRF
- Continuation and persistence in the processes of building and strengthening the structures of Youth MRF in order to guarantee the maximum attendance and participation of young people in the party and organizational life of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms;
- Active involvement in country’s ongoing elections for European Parliament, President of the Republic, Parliamentary elections and Local elections;
- Creating and ensuring real conditions and opportunities for young academic people to positively participate in Youth MRF’s activities;
II. Active international cooperation with other youth organizations from Europe:
Noting that Youth MRF is full member of International Federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY), European Liberal Youth (LYMEC), Initiative of South East European Liberals and the National Youth Forum, Youth MRF is for:
- Continues the process of strengthening the cooperation and interaction with all the liberal and other political and non-governmental youth organizations to implement joint national and international initiatives;
- Active collaboration with national and international liberal foundations and other donors to accomplish joint political, educational projects and other activities of Youth MRF.
III. Encouraging youth initiative and proactive - by achieving the following priorities:
- encouraging policies that stimulate youth employment, youth entrepreneurship, professional realization, start of small business, preferential crediting conditions and various other forms of activities
-Increase the youth competitiveness through more investments in the fields of education, culture, sports, ecology, agriculture, IT and etc;
- Providing opportunities for social and economic integration for young people in small towns and in rural and underprivileged areas, and also for the disadvantaged young people, by means of expanding access to information, health care, vocational training and education and other quality services;
- Improving the quality of general, vocational and informal education in accordance with European standards;
- Support for all forms of association within young people, including also association through full participation in international youth communication;
-Engaging all state institutions in the creation of better conditions and opportunities for young people so they can realize their potential and to participate actively in the social life.
In the implementation of this program statement, Youth Movement for Rights and Freedom is convinced that young people, being the most important social capital of the Republic of Bulgaria, will find their rightful place in society. Their active participation is an important premise for the development and prosperity of United Europe.
Youth MRF expresses its profound conviction that the aims of this document are not of the capacity of nowadays failed government of the state.
Bulgaria and the Youth in it have the need of another better state management, with better philosophy and model. A government which will be able to rule with competence and responsibility, with stakes on the sides of the nations potential and its own youth. A government which will be able to create possibilities and high social status worthy for citizen of the European union.